Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memories from 2 years ago


Right around Bloor and Spadina, I saw a girl pass by and somehow, I have no idea how, I remembered her face and said hi as if I knew her. She remembered me right away and started to talk about a meditation event we had organised at UofT two years ago with Devamrita Swami. She was on her way back from a job interview and we chatted a little and I started to realise that she had clear memory of the event as she started to describe Maharaj’s speaking style and his comments. As she was so deeply reminiscing that event, I invited her upstairs so I could show her some books and she came along. As we started to talk upstairs she really started to remember the prashad and her conversation with Maharaj and said several times how she wanted to meet him again. She took 2 books and I started to realise that even a moment’s association with Krishna’s devotees leaves a permanent impression in the heart. Otherwise material world is an atmosphere of forgetfulness, it is hard to remember things from yesterday let alone remember exact details of an event from 2 years ago. I pray this time she takes her Krishna consciousness seriously and comes to see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment