Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Be Heard - My First Tryst with MSF


Shama Sharma


It was the very first time that I participated in Sankirtan festival at ISKCON Toronto and that too at the annual big anniversary at the Niagra Falls!It was personally my third visit to the Falls but this was the first time that I enjoyed this beauty of the nature from inside out with Krishna's mercy and in the loving association of the devotees. It was huge fun sitting with so many devotees in the same bus with all of us singing, dancing, clapping, laughing and make our way to the Falls. We got very nice training and guidance during the journey from Radha Mohan Prabhu about how to have a humble Krishna Conscious mindset while distributing books.On reaching Niagara Falls, I started with participating in Kirtan and enjoying the Harinaam. People there were so attracted to the Kirtan that some of them even joined and started dancing with us. It was so fulfilling for me personally to see the big smiles on their faces which originates from the internal happiness with the effect of none other but the Holy Name!I felt so enthusiastic while distributing books because it was really a humbling experience to meet so many awesome people. I am so thankful to have so much mercy from Krishna to make it happen for me.I also realized that the guidance that we got on the way from the sankirtan team was so practical as it helped me to keep my focus during whole time while I was on book distribution.The bus tour, food, trip guidance and actually everything in this tour was so organized that I would like to convey my heartiest Thanks to the organizing members who made it a wonderful experience for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment