Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stay High Forever - That too Free of cost!

It was almost the end of the Monthly Sankirtan Festival. As is the usual tradition, a group of enthusiastic devotees were chanting their hearts out. I saw a group of 3 young boys pass by. I handed them some free cookies, and asked if they were interested in Yoga or Meditation. Unenthusiastically they replied No, But (one of them said), I like being HIGH!

With some unknown confidence I said, REALLY, I just have the right thing for you, I ran over to the books and brought a Chant and Be Happy for them. I told him how just like the Beatles he could be high forever that too free of cost. They were impressed, but didnt have money. I asked all 3 to chip in whatever change they had and get this book - so they did and left me with a more than enough donation!

1 comment: