Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Monday, January 30, 2012

The effect of Japa

I was in Kensington this week and the cold would not allow me to stand at one place, so I was walking around trying to stay warm. That’s when I saw 3 ladies I had seen a little while ago and wanted to talk to them but missed the opportunity. So this time I said Hi and introduced myself. The slightly older lady seemed interested and told me how she was into meditation and then stopped. So I showed her the books and when she finally decided to take the book, I decided to probe deeper. So I started to ask her about what kind of meditation she was doing? She told me a few years ago she had heard a mantra at some program Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Rama ...and then she told me she had been chanting this mantra for a year and then life got busy and she stopped for a while and now recently she wanted to chant again and was looking to join some meditation program. I explained to her how she had met the right people and got the right book to fulfill her desires. It was magical to see how Krishna arranges these sankirtan encounters.

No comments:

Post a Comment