Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No Language Barriers for Bhakti


Submitted by:- Mangal Arti dd


I met a Russian lady near Finch, while she was for her husband. I showed her the Perfection of Yoga which she appreciated and decided to take. However she was waiting for her husband to get the money. While waiting, we started to talk, she told me how her husband was interested in yoga but could not speak English. I insisted and she asked him to still try and come. Ultimately she gave me a nice donation and left with a book. I didn't think much of it until yesterday when her husband called me. He could barely speak or understand English and we had great difficulty communicating but somehow (miraculously) I did not loose my patience and even though it seemed like he understood nothing, he came for a class last night. At the end of the class he chanted very nicely- no language barrier there. He then told me he left meat years ago and his younger son refused to eat since little. He was trying to find about reincarnation etc, so I told him to get japa beads which he did. I tried to explain he can chant regardless of circumstances and he said he would.

No comments:

Post a Comment