Goal for 2013 - 50,000 + books!

fundraising
Last Update: Jan 31, 2013

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tamil Carnival Sankirtan

 
By Radhapriya (12 years)

On June 2 and 3rd, there was a Tamil Carnival in Markham.  The organizers were expecting thousands of people, but the weather did not cooperate – it rained and so there were no crowds and very few people. But we had a beautiful table filled with Srila Prabhupada’s books in both Tamil and English.  At first I was very shy but my mother (Minakshi devi dasi) kept approaching every person that passed and was encouraging people to look at the books and preaching.  Finally I got the courage to do so as well. I spoke to kids and adults and people actually stopped and listened!  Some just passed and said no, but I was still hopeful and kept trying. I distributed Tamil Bhagavad Gitas and Krishna books as well as some kids books. I was so happy everytime someone took a book that I was not even so tired after standing all day.  In the end a total of 200 books were distributed at the Tamil Carnival with the mercy of Srila Prabhupada

No comments:

Post a Comment